The importance of gender equality

Today I want to talk about something very important for me personally.
We think that we live in a world that gives us the possibility to completely use all our value and become what we want. In some parts that is possible, in some not. But there is one thing that always represents a problem : GENDER(not)EQUALITY. It is hard to believe that in the 21 century women still  don't have the opportunity to be everything they want. We (women) are still in many parts of the world not taken serious. Women all around are treated without resprect, forced to behave how the man say, be beaten up for nothing and they don't have the possibility to go to school and educate themselves. It seems like the world is frightened of educated women, because why else don't let a girl go to school and live normally.
A few days ago I was in this situation where my male colleagues disrespected me. I am not afraid to say I AM A FEMINIST, and everybody know this about me. And for some reason people think they should make fun off me for that. I had a presentation in sociology that day , and before the professor came I should prepare the laptop and the projector. Everything went good, the professor came but for some reason the projector stopped working. Just to clarify I am not an expert with  technology, I know the basics. I tried to fugure it out by myself but it don't work, so I said could somebody help me. And that is where it all started. My male colleagues said "Oh we can't help you because you don't want our help!". I just looked at them, not knowing what they mean. They continued " Because you are a feminist, you don't want our(male) help!"
That was the moment when I just didn't know what to say. "Is this really happening?" , I asked myself.
When my brain figured out waht just happend I was just furious. I told them "I asked for the help of SOMEONE, didn't say male or female!" I lost it at the moment. They continued with their stupid talk: "Ha ha ha, we are sory but for that job you need male help." At this moment I was very nervous and irritated, you could hear it in my voice. My friend supported me, she said to them : "You are just a bunch of stupidity." Than I just continued figuring out have to make that projector work, but I was very angry. It all went well in a few minutes, it started working and I began with the presentation. Through the whole time I was still angry, and stayed so the rest of the day. I never felt so in my whole life, just depressed and thinking the whole night did this really happen. I couldn't believe that I am surrounded with this type of people. Before something happens to you, you don't really look on to things and take them seriously, you ignore them. I remember now that all those boys had offensive jokes before but Inever gave to much attention to it. Yes, I had an opinion about it but never said anything to them. Guess the next time I don't agree with somebody,I will tell them to stop immediately.
Just hope that in a few years this won't happen to other girls and that we will all get the equality we deserve.

Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Serial killers

Atheism Why am I an atheist?

A real miracle